Re: ERROR: unexpected hash relation size:

От Gerhard Hintermayer
Тема Re: ERROR: unexpected hash relation size:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gerhard Hintermayer wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Gerhard Hintermayer <g.hintermayer@inode.at> writes:
>>> ... x should be y
>>> I do get these messages one 2 of my servers running mostly on
>>> identical data. The servers are unix-based and are running 8.1.8
>>> under linux (Gentoo).
>>
>> Update.
>>
> I thought the fixed error was related to running VACUUM FULL, so I
> disabled running it once a week to prevent currupting my indices. (btw I
> do not use autovacuum)
> But I still get occasional error log entries of this kind (one attempt
> to insert), is the fixed error in 8.1.9 also related to growing index
> size or is there any other bug burried somewhere. I'm planning to
> upgrade the upcoming weekend, so I could investigate some more.
>
> regards
> Gerhard
Ah, must have been the changes in backend/access/hash/hashovfl.c.
Although i never got a PANIC, only an ERROR. I cross my fingers to keep
de DB up and running without any data corruption (besides of indices)
until the weekend. So a PANIC and backend crash would be possible ?
Hopefully under rare circumstances ? Can somebody confirm this ?

regards
Gerhard

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: russian case-insensitive regexp search not working
От: Perry Smith
Сообщение: Re: Database Insertion commitment