Re: WAL backups

От Vladimir Rusinov
Тема Re: WAL backups
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 2/18/08, Brian Modra <epailty@googlemail.com> wrote:
I've only just started doing WAL backups, and so far am not able to
keep a running backup due to lack of hardware.
Obviously I gzip the WAL fioles, but I'm fast running out of disk
space. I have a second standy server with 200GB disk, where I store
the compressed WAL files, which quickly fills up.
Archiving is difficult simply because the server is in a server room
in Johannesburg 1000km away. We pay them to keep the server powered
up, safe, and connected. They can slip a DVD into it, but that
requires me to book it in advance, and it takes maybe a few hours
before they can do it.

1. Setup a key-based authentification in ssh

2.
archive_command = "scp %f user@remoteserver:/home/backups/"
restore_command = "scp user@remoteserver:/home/backups/%f %d"

(not sure about %f and %d - too lazy to read manual)

--
Vladimir Rusinov
Voronezh, Russia