Re: Fine-grained replication?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Fine-grained replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:49:32 -0700 (PDT), Paul Jones <pbj@cmicdo.com>
wrote:
> Is anyone aware of other non-trigger-based, fine-grained replication
tools
> for PostgreSQL along the lines of the XReader
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/XReader> or pgreplay
> <http://pgreplay.projects.postgresql.org/>?

If you want fine grained replication, it means you won't be able to use
log shipping and streaming replication. If you don't want trigger based
replication, you won't have many options still available. pgPool comes to
mind but, AFAIK, it isn't fine grained (and, to be honest, I would say it
isn't really replication).

So, nope, sorry.

BTW, what's the issue with trigger-based replication? it really helps a
lot in many cases.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr