Re: Fine-grained replication?

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Fine-grained replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Τρι 19 Ιουν 2012 13:09:28 Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:49:32 -0700 (PDT), Paul Jones <pbj@cmicdo.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Is anyone aware of other non-trigger-based, fine-grained replication
>
> tools
>
> > for PostgreSQL along the lines of the XReader
> > <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/XReader> or pgreplay
> > <http://pgreplay.projects.postgresql.org/>?
>
> If you want fine grained replication, it means you won't be able to use
> log shipping and streaming replication. If you don't want trigger based
> replication, you won't have many options still available. pgPool comes to
> mind but, AFAIK, it isn't fine grained (and, to be honest, I would say it
> isn't really replication).
>
> So, nope, sorry.
>
> BTW, what's the issue with trigger-based replication? it really helps a
> lot in many cases.

Totally agree, for us, a heavily modified version of (what initially was) DBmirror
has made the job more than well.
Also, our replication is the most "fine-grained" situation i can think of.
(even rows being lazily replicated based on the FK dependency graph, and many other nice tricks)

-
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEPT