Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

От Ben Trewern
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> ""Campbell, Lance"" <lance@uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> Now I am at the difficult part, what parameters to calculate and how to
> calculate them.  Everything below has to do with PostgreSQL version 8.2:
>

> The parameters I would think we should calculate are:
> max_connections
> shared_buffers
> work_mem
> maintenance_work_mem
> effective_cache_size
> random_page_cost
>
> Any other variables?  I am open to suggestions.

I know this is mainly about tuning for performance but I do think you ought
to give the option to change at least 'listen_address'.  Something like:

Accept connections on:     - Local connections (Unix sockets/localhost)
                                        - All TCP/IP interfaces
                                        - Specific IP addresses:
___________ (comma-seperated list)

and maybe a pointer to the pg_hba.conf docs for further info.

Regards,

Ben