PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

От Campbell, Lance
Тема PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies  (Kevin Hunter <hunteke@earlham.edu>)
Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Список pgsql-performance

Now I am at the difficult part, what parameters to calculate and how to calculate them.  Everything below has to do with PostgreSQL version 8.2:

The parameters I would think we should calculate are:

max_connections

shared_buffers

work_mem

maintenance_work_mem

effective_cache_size

random_page_cost

Any other variables?  I am open to suggestions.

Calculations based on values supplied in the questions at the top of the page:

max_connection= question #3 or a minimum of 8

effective_cache_size={question #2}MB

maintenance_work_mem= ({question #2} * .1) MB

Any thoughts on the other variables based on the questions found at the top of the below web page?

http://www.webservices.uiuc.edu/postgresql/

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect