Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Tom Lane wrote:

> > I don't see how we can get by without some kind of versioning here.
> > It's probably too late to do that for v17,
>
> Why?  If we agree that that's the way forward, we could certainly
> stick some collversion other than "1" into pg_c_utf8's pg_collation
> entry.  There's already been one v17 catversion bump since beta2
> (716bd12d2), so another one is basically free.

pg_collation.collversion has been used so far for the sort part
of the collations.

For the ctype part:

postgres=# select unicode_version();
 unicode_version
-----------------
 15.1
(1 row)

postgres=# select icu_unicode_version ();
 icu_unicode_version
 14.0
(1 row)

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
https://postgresql.verite.pro/

Сообщение: Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates
Сообщение: Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates