Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/17/19 8:12 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> But there's about 0% chance we'll get that in v1, of course, so we need
>> s "minimum viable product" to build on anyway.
>
> There seems like a whole lot of space between something very elaborate
> and only supporting one key.

I think this is exactly the point -- IMHO one key per tablespace is a
nice and very sensible compromise. I can imagine all kinds of more
complex things that would be "nice to have" but that gets us most of the
flexibility needed with minimal additional complexity.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com