Re: large table problem

От Jason Nerothin
Тема Re: large table problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the redirect... After profiling my client memory usage and using the built-in cursor functionality I discovered that another part of my program was causing the memory overflow and that the ResultSet iteration was doing exactly what it should have all along.

On 4/21/07, Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Jason Nerothin wrote:

> I'm trying to work my way around a large query problem.
>
> Not too unexpectedly, the app server (EJB3/JPA) is choking on the queries
> which are "unnamed native queries" in Java parliance. Work-around attempt 1
> was to call directly to the JDBC driver, but the cursor doesn't dispose of
> the memory in the ResultSet once I've passed it by (OutOfMemoryError) and
> the documentation suggests that cursor behavior is a little buggy for the
> current postgres driver. (The docs suggest implementing a custom stored
> procedure to provide iteration.)

I'm not sure what documentation you're reading:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/query.html#query-with-cursor

and it works as adverstised.

Kris Jurka

Jason Nerothin
Programmer/Analyst IV - Database Administration
UCLA-DOE Institute for Genomics & Proteomics
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
611 C.E. Young Drive East   | Tel: (310) 206-3907
105 Boyer Hall, Box 951570  | Fax: (310) 206-3914
Los Angeles, CA 90095. USA | Mail: jason@mbi.ucla.edu
http://www.mbi.ucla.edu/~jason