Is there a way to drop and restore an index?

От reina@nsi.edu (Tony Reina)
Тема Is there a way to drop and restore an index?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I recall seeing a message by Tom Lane stating that dropping and
re-creating a primary index may speed up db performance. Is there a
SQL command that will do this?

My current method is to use pg_dump -s to dump out the schema. Then I
go through and cut out everything but the CREATE INDEX lines. Then, I
have to add a DROP INDEX line before that. I run this through with the
psql command line program.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.
-Tony