Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Devendra Yadav schrieb am 19.12.2018 um 18:58:
>>     On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM Devendra Yadav <devendra.857@gmail.com <mailto:devendra.857@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>     > But the case is that, for it to happen it needs superuser permission which
>>
>>     It only requires superuser permission if you ask the server to COPY a
>>     file from the local filesystem.  Developers and programs should be
>>     using client libraries and feeding the data to be copied (in or out)
>>     to the server via the connection (which, for the server, is a
>>     stdin/stdout stream).  psql provides this via \copy - other libraries
>>     have their own methods.

> Thanks for the information David. I'll check that. We have most of
> our applications in Java and .net, if you can please highlight on
> these ?
With JDBC you can use the CopyManager API together with a "COPY FROM STDIN" statement.

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/org/postgresql/copy/CopyManager.html

There are some examples on Stackoverflow:

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6958965
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46988855

От: Mahen Dharoor
Сообщение: Re: Oracle FDW and Postgres yum repository (CentOS 7)
От: Devendra Yadav
Сообщение: Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server