Re: Regarding postgreSQL performance on DRAM

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Regarding postgreSQL performance on DRAM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jerry Sievers schrieb am 20.02.2019 um 21:19:
>> My workload is simple. I  insert 1 million rows into a table with 100
>> columns, where each column is 256 bytes in length, and every 10
>> inserts are batched into a transaction.
>
> Your test workload qualifies for TOASTing due to the $unrealistically
> long physical tuple size.

Hmm. I though TOAST is only applied to single values, not the entire tuple (row)?

As each column is substantially shorter than the TOAST threshold, I would not expect toasting to kick in here.

Or am I missing something?

Сообщение: Re: Regarding postgreSQL performance on DRAM
Сообщение: Re: Regarding postgreSQL performance on DRAM