Re: descriptions of pg_stat_user_functions and pg_stat_slru

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: descriptions of pg_stat_user_functions and pg_stat_slru
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On 2020/05/20 11:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
>> In monitoring.sgml, there are the tables and corresponding descriptions
>> for pg_stat_user_functions and pg_stat_slru views. I found that those
>> descriptions are located in opposite places. For example, the description
>> for pg_stat_user_functions wrongly comes just after the table for
>> pg_stat_slru view. Attached patch fixes this issue.
>
> Hm, I see your point, but I think there is a bigger problem here:
> this entire section was written with great disregard for our normal
> conventions of how to lay out text around tables.  The standard thing,
> as seen in Chapter 9 or the system catalog section, is that first
> you have an introductory paragraph --- preferably containing an actual
> link to the table --- then you have the table, and then if you feel a
> need for any footnote-like comments on the table, you put those below it.

Yeah, I agree to change the layout that way.

Also I don't like that all the stats views are packed in one section
currently. Which makes the docs difficult to read, I'm afraid. Thought?
If we change the layout entirely, at the same time, what about separating
each view into different section by adding <sect2>?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center