Re: XID wraparound in 8.4

От Anj Adu
Тема Re: XID wraparound in 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We have a few 8.1 installations where the vacuumdb -a command takes
2-3 days to run ..(with a vacuum delay of 10ms)...autovac does not
work for us as we have tables that get constantly dropped due to
partitioning.(autovac would never finish given the size of our
database and the fact that we have some "idle transactions" caused by
our application server coneection pools.)

We have tables that get dropped every day (partitions) and we have
some big ones that dont (the total table sizes range from 2G to 20G
per table for many tables)..

If we manually schedule vacuums on these large permanent tables..will
a one-time VACUUM in the future be smart to figure out how much
vacuuming has been done and run faster ?