Re: XID wraparound in 8.4

От Anj Adu
Тема Re: XID wraparound in 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Reason we dont turn on autovacuum is that we are a "high-volume"
insert shop with minimal updates..We have about 200 million inserts
and a few thousand updates only. Most tables are partitions and get
dropped as part of the purge. Hence..autovacuum is a waste of
resources. However...the XID issue will force the need for an
autovacuum at some point..hence we do it as a one-off occasionally.