Re: pPL/pgSQL restriction on characters for copying types?

От Thiemo Kellner
Тема Re: pPL/pgSQL restriction on characters for copying types?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shame on me. My bad. It was the order of installation that did not work.
Sorry for that. I was mislead by the error message. If an object is
missing I would not expect an invalid type name message.

Thanks

Am 26.02.2024 um 17:53 schrieb Thiemo Kellner:
> Thanks for the hint and care. The install script has a set statement
> already and I now added the search_path clause to no avail. Please find
> the entire code attached and a screenshot from the error.
>
> Am 26.02.2024 um 17:35 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> Thiemo Kellner <thiemo@gelassene-pferde.biz> writes:
>>> However, I want to create a (trigger) function to impose data
>>> consistency. For that purpose, I try to copy the data type of a PL/pgSQL
>>> variable from the base object, a view in that case. Trying so, I get the
>>> following error on installation of the function.
>>
>>> V⠒NODE_TYPE⠒NAME                NODE⠒V.NODE_TYPE⠒NAME%type := null;
>>
>>> Syntax error at "%" … invalid type name. If I use the actual type of the
>>> column, all is fine.
>>
>> FWIW, I couldn't reproduce this with the fragmentary scripts you
>> provided.  I suspect the problem is not about the special characters
>> in the names, rather about search_path not including the NODE⠒V view.
>> Consider schema-qualifying the view name, or attaching a "SET
>> search_path" clause to the function.
>>
>>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: pPL/pgSQL restriction on characters for copying types?
Сообщение: Re: pPL/pgSQL restriction on characters for copying types?