Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/19/17 20:45, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 9/19/17 17:55, Jeff Janes wrote:
>> I guess I'm late to the party, but I don't see why this is needed at
>> all.  We encourage people to use any and all new features which are
>> appropriate to them--that is why we implement new features.  Why does
>> this feature need a special invitation?
>
> It's not clear to me how an average user would get from the press
> release or release notes to upgrading their installation to use
> SCRAM-based authentication and passwords.  A little bit more guidance
> somewhere would be helpful.

Here is a patch that expands the SCRAM documentation a bit, adds more
explanation how the different options are related, and sets some better
links.  I think now you can get from the release notes to the relevant
documentation and have enough information on how to put the new features
into use.