Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/20/17 15:52, Jeff Janes wrote:
>     I think that the addition of a link to
>     > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers
>     <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers> would be appropriate.
>
>     I don't have any expectation that that list will be kept up to date.
>
> I am not confident that it will be either, but what could we ever have
> more confidence in being kept up-to-date than something anyone can
> update which is hosted on a community asset?
If we put such a list linked from the documentation, we have to keep it
up to date for years, and no one is committing to do that.

I don't think it's our job to maintain lists of which third-party
products are ready to take advantage of new features in PostgreSQL.  I
don't see a list of GUIs ready to work with the new partitioning or
monitoring tools ready to work with the new xlog/wal naming.  If some
folks want to maintain such lists, that's great, but it's not a release
issue.