Re: Backup solution over unreliable network

От David Steele
Тема Re: Backup solution over unreliable network
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/30/18 10:29 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Achilleas Mantzios (achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com) wrote:
>>> Glad to hear you've read good reviews about pgbackrest.  As for

<...>

> We've also considered supporting archive-mode=always and being able to
> have the standby also push WAL and while we may support that in the
> future, I'd say it's farther down on the list than multi-repo support.
> As I recall, David Steele also had some specific technical concerns
> around how to handle two systems pushing into the same WAL archive.
> Having archive-mode=always be allowed if it's going to an independent
> repo is an interesting thought though and might be simpler to do.

The issue here is ensuring that only one system is writing to the
repository at a time.  This is easy enough if there is a dedicated
repo-host but is much harder if the repo is on something like S3 or NFS.

Using independent repos might work, but we'd need a way to ensure the
configuration doesn't get broken.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: Backup solution over unreliable network
Сообщение: Re: Backup solution over unreliable network