Re: Vacuuming the operating system documentation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Vacuuming the operating system documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-06-06 17:14, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Let's hope PG13 isn't that late -- the end of Extended Lifecycle Support is
>> June 30, 2024 for RHEL 6. (It*enters*  ELS around the time of pg 13).
> ELS basically means that they aren't going to take down the existing
> website information about RHEL6 just yet.

Hmm, we removed support for RHEL 5 in PG 13, partially based on the
information that ELS for RHEL 5 ends in November 2020.  It appears we
have misinterpreted that and we can trim the trailing edge more
aggressively.

Anyway, this is only a documentation patch.  Surely no one will doing
their very first install of Postgres on an unconfigured RHEL 6 this year.