Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql  (John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
On 03/08/2017 07:37 AM, John Iliffe wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2017 00:01:32 Tom Lane wrote:
>> John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> writes:
>>> Now, running as user postgres I try and start as stated in the manual
>>> postgres -D /usr/pgsql_tablespaces
>>>
>>> The result is:
>>> [postgres@prod04 postgresql-9.6.2]$ postgres -D /usr/pgsql_tablespaces
>>> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Cannot assign requested address
>>> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not,
>>> wait a few seconds and retry.
>>> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2017-03-07 22:22:57 EST
>>> LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
>>> LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
>>> LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
>>
>> To clarify: the postmaster *is* starting here.  It failed to bind to the
>> IPv4 port 5432, but it must have succeeded in binding to at least one
>> other port (IPv6 and/or a Unix socket), else it would have stopped and
>> you'd have not seen the last four log lines.
>>
>> It might be helpful to check with lsof to see what the postmaster
>> process has open after you do this.
>>
> I noticed that when I deleted the postmaster.pid file as suggested by
> another answer and restarted that process issued a lot more messages before
> crashing  :-(   Still couldn't connect to port 5432 though.

Meant to ask before, can you show the command you are using to connect?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Karl Czajkowski
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] import CSV file to a table
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] import CSV file to a table