Re: Password authorization

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Password authorization
Дата
Re: Password authorization  (Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2022-01-20 at 15:26 +0530, Daulat wrote:
> Do we have any facility for password authorisation in Postgres same as in Oracle?
> In Oracle, a user can change their password based upon the profile setting. What about in Postgres ?
>
> Is there any alternative in postgres to manage the user password authorisation?
> What about LDAP with respect to this approach?
> Please suggest.

It is not quite clear what you mean, but I assume you want password complexity rules,
and you want to force users to change their password after a while.

You cannot do any of that with passwords in the database; the best you can
do is set an expiration time for the user's ability to log in.

With requirements as this, you should look into external password
authentication like Kerberos or LDAP - you'll have to look at that server's
documentation for more.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe