DESIGN OF A SELECT QUERY

От JORGE MALDONADO
Тема DESIGN OF A SELECT QUERY
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have designed a SELECT query by hand and by using a query designer and I see a difference. Such a query includes 11 tables and I would like your comments.

The designer result is somthing like:
SELECT fld1, fld2,...,fldn FROM tbl1
INNER JOIN .......
INNER JOIN .......

The query I wrote is as follows although I do not know if it works:
SELECT fld1, fld2,...,fldn FROM
tbl1
INNER JOIN...ON....
INNER JOIN...ON....,

tlb2
INNER JOIN...ON...
INNER JOIN...ON...,

tbl3
INNER JOIN...ON...
INNER JOIN...ON...

If you watch closely, the query generated by the designer includes only one table in the FROM and all of the INNER JOIN's follow after it.
My design includes several tables in the FROM each one with its own INNER JOIN's.

Is this valid?
Please advice.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado