Re: Pseudo re-install on windows

От Yves Moisan
Тема Re: Pseudo re-install on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> I am trying to find a way to re run the PostgreSQL 8.2 installer on a
> windows XP box without uninstalling PostgreSQL.  The reason I'm doing
> this is that I'm testing out an installer that embeds the PostgreSQL
> installer (as a msiexec silent install) and I want the existing
> installation files to stay where they are so I can activate the
> PostgreSQLservice back on as if nothing happened should the wrapper
> installer fail.
>
> What I'm doing is try to fool the installer by deleting all registry
> keys that pertain to PostgreSQL (PostgreSQL itself, but also things
> like PgAdminIII).  With a "clean" registry, the GUI installer (which
> I'm testing thinking it should behave like the silent installer as far
> as detecting an existing installation is concerned) still detects
> PostgreSQL is installed and offers either repair or remove.  I'd like
> to reinstall everything in another directory altogether so what's left
> to remove in my system so that the installer doesn't detect an
> existing installation ?
Replying to self for the record.  Here are the minimum set of registry
keys that need to be deleted :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\pgAdmin III]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostGIS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\DBD107F1066180141BA0BF34E56AB30F]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PostgreSQL]

I had forgotten the last two.