Re: Clarification on pg_basebackup

От Jason Mathis
Тема Re: Clarification on pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yep that sounds good!

On September 23, 2014 at 10:18:36 AM, Campbell, Lance (lance@illinois.edu) wrote:

Jason,

Thanks so much.  That makes sense.  That was what I was trying to communicate.  OPIT vs APIT.

So if I am doing a APIT I can do a pg_basebackup each night without the –X option.  I save all WAL files.  If I need to restore during the day I then only have to restore from the last basebackup and apply all of the WAL files from that time forward.  Did I get that correct?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

217-333-0382

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign logo