Re: backup and restore with WAL files

От Jason Mathis
Тема Re: backup and restore with WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good question, I am not entirely sure but from reading the docs it sounds to be ok. I would test it. Although, personally I would just keep all the wal files and not do the “-x” if you have the space. I think I keep +1 day more logs than base backups to make sure I have them all in case of restore (paranoid). Then you can go back to ANY point in time from now until the last base backup you have, the most flexibility. If you are tight on space or don’t want point-in-time recovery then try the “-x” or just use pg_dump. The continuous archiving takes some time to setup but its solid, works very well and can save your ass:) They are also several third party options to choose from to simplify the process. I have not used any but here are a few:

-jason