Re: Pg_dump and bytaA

От Milen A. Radev
Тема Re: Pg_dump and bytaA
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Στις Παρασκευή 09 Μάρτιος 2007 15:05, ο/η Milen A. Radev έγραψε:
>> Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>>> Στις Παρασκευή 09 Μάρτιος 2007 11:00, ο/η Lukas έγραψε:

>>> Take a look at
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/largeobjects.html
>>>
>>> You might also consider writing a program for transforming your db/app
>>> from bytea based to large object based, and simply exclude blobs
>>> from your pg_dump's.
>> How to exclude them from a custom dump? (That's for version 8.1/8.2)
>
> you just dont include them :)

Yes, and how exactly you do not include them?

For example - this is my backup script that is executed nightly:

PSQL=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql
PG_DUMP=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump
PG_DUMPALL=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dumpall

$PG_DUMPALL -U postgres --globals-only > $BACKUPDIR/pg_globals.sql

for db in `$PSQL -U postgres -d template1 -t -c "SELECT datname FROM
pg_catalog.pg_database WHERE datname "\!"~ 'template(0|1)';"`
do
        echo -n -e "Dumping database $db...\t\t"
        $PG_DUMP -U postgres --format=c $db > $BACKUPDIR/$db.dump
        echo "done."
done

Guess what? There was a special command-line parameter for including
large objects in the custom/tar dump until version 8.1
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-pgdump.html, look for
"--blobs"). Now they are included by default AND could not be excluded,
at least I could not find a way to do that
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/app-pgdump.html).

So what are you suggesting?

--
Milen A. Radev