Re: PG Email Client

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: PG Email Client
Дата
Re: PG Email Client  (<tom@tacocat.net>)
Re: PG Email Client  (Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de>)
Список pgsql-general
DBMail is an interesting concept, but I think the real advantage would be if there were a client
that could take advantage of the power of a database backend.

For example, instead of saving a copy of an email in 1 folder, the same email could be indexed to
multiple folders. Current email clients mimic file cabinets too much in that the system considers an
email to be a physical entity that can only be stored in one place. Searching for emails can also be
done much faster with a database then with a traditional mail client approach.

However, to start out with, using dbmail imap with current email clients might be a great idea. Then
the users will not even know that anything has changed, and I can basically build the client that I
want directly into my ERP.

Sim