Re: PG Email Client

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: PG Email Client
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sim Zacks schrieb:
> DBMail is an interesting concept, but I think the real advantage would
> be if there were a client that could take advantage of the power of a
> database backend.
>
> For example, instead of saving a copy of an email in 1 folder, the same
> email could be indexed to multiple folders. Current email clients mimic
> file cabinets too much in that the system considers an email to be a
> physical entity that can only be stored in one place. Searching for
> emails can also be done much faster with a database then with a
> traditional mail client approach.

Err... I do not understand "copy an email in 1 folder" - I use
IMAP which stores all the mail on the server.
(That is what dbmail does too)

The client or rather MUA queries the server via IMAP
so its complete transparent to where it saves the
mail - however - improvements to IMAP, like the sieve
protocol could be implemented in dbmail to make
use of advantage search using the database.

Regards
Tino