Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems

От geek+@cmu.edu
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Then <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> spoke up and said:

> > >2. gram.y did not compile by yacc (on FreeBSD too)
> > ># woland(dms)~/postgresql-6.4.2/src/backend/parser>yacc -d gram.y
> > ># yacc: f - maximum table size exceeded
> > >fixed by using bison
> > I had always used bison. I will add this to the DU FAQ.
>
> This should not be required in principle, but it is easy with cvs to
> accidentally get the time tags on gram.y and gram.c out of sync, so that
> a "cvs checkout" causes Make to think gram.c needs to be rebuilt. I
> think that v6.4.2 ended up with the times out of sync, as have other
> releases in the past.

If someone with access to CVSROOT on the CVS server would be so kind,
it's easy to set up a rule in commitinfo to automatically create
gram.c from gram.y, thus forcing a new, properly timestamped version
of gram.c to be in the archive.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@andrew.cmu.edu for my public key.                     |

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems