Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23.04.23 17:29, Jelte Fennema wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 at 17:16, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think we could go ahead and commit the perltidyrc and README changes
>> now.  But the ensuing reformatting should happen as part of the mass
>> pgindent run, probably next month sometime.
>
> I think it's better to make the changes close together, not with a
> month in between. Otherwise no-one will be able to run perltidy on
> their patches, because the config and the files are even more out of
> sync than they are now. So I'd propose to commit the perltidyrc
> changes right before the pgindent run.

Does anyone find perltidy useful?  To me, it functions more like a
JavaScript compiler in that once you process the source code, it is no
longer useful for manual editing.  If we are going to have the buildfarm
check indentation and that is going to be extended to Perl code, I have
some concerns about that.

Сообщение: Re: Memory leak in CachememoryContext
Сообщение: Re: Memory leak in CachememoryContext