Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Does anyone find perltidy useful?  To me, it functions more like a
> JavaScript compiler in that once you process the source code, it is no
> longer useful for manual editing.  If we are going to have the buildfarm
> check indentation and that is going to be extended to Perl code, I have
> some concerns about that.

I certainly don't like its current behavior where adding/changing one
line can have side-effects on nearby lines.  But we have a proposal
to clean that up, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be better
in future.  Did you have other specific concerns?