Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/17/19 4:33 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 4:24 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 6/17/19 3:03 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
>      >
>      > So I'm curious if this is intended behavior, if it's considered
>     useful,
>      > and/or if it's a placeholder for something in the future that
>     will be
>      > useful.  Also, is this new, as I've never noticed it before?
>
>     Not sure how long that has been around.
>
>     My cheat for dealing with many/long column names is:
>

> Thanks Adrian, though I wasn't really seeking tips for column names.  I
> was instead trying to understand whether this particular tab expansion
> was intentional and considered useful, and if so what that usefulness

If I am following the below correctly it is intentional:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c;h=68a2ba27aec22302625c5481a8f74cf866f4dc23;hb=d22ca701a39dfd03cdfa1ca238370d34f4bc4ac4

Line 2888

Useful, that is in the eye of the beholder:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Tim Cross
Сообщение: Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?
Сообщение: Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?