Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?
Дата
Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?
Список pgsql-general
On 5/22/23 12:38, Ron wrote:
> On 5/22/23 14:22, Tony Xu wrote:

> RDS Postgresql would do the job just fine.  And since you can't get to
> the files (only access it via port 5432 and aws cli/web, there's no need
> for TDE.

As I understand TDE whether you can get to the files is not really the
point. It is that someone/thing can and if they do the files are
encrypted. Pretty sure RDS is not magical enough to have no access from
any source to the file system.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?
Сообщение: Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?