Re: LATIN2 encoding and Polish_Poland locale

От Andrzej Angowski
Тема Re: LATIN2 encoding and Polish_Poland locale
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter,

The following actually works:
>createdb -E LATIN2 -l Polish_Poland.28592 test

Thanks a lot!

2010/3/1 Jan-Peter Seifert <Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de>:
> Hello Andrzej,
>
> try this:
>
> Identify the code page Windows is using for LATIN2 with the PostgreSQL tool pg_controldata (8.2 server's version).
Lookfor the number following the dot in LC_COLLATE / LC_TYPE. For LATIN1 it's 28591.

> Try creating the database for 8.4 with the PostgreSQL tool createdb (v8.4.x) (example for LATIN1 and German locale,
locale= LC_COLLATE / LC_TYPE in 8.2):

> createdb -U postgres -h <Host> -p <Port> --owner=name_of_owner --locale=German_Germany.28591 --encoding=LATIN1
--template=template0database_name

--
Andrzej Angowski

e-mail : Andrzej.Angowski@gmail.com

От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: severely wierd problem & PgSQL log analyzer
От: Major Services
Сообщение: password authentication failed for user postgres