Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9

От Khangelani Gama
Тема Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Can I try the following , I just don’t want to break other databases
> already running on postgres9
>
> Stop all instances from running
>
> ./configure  --with-perl --prefix=$PATH Gmake Gmake install
>
> And then create an instance, and then pg_restore.

Personally, I would get that new build in a new directory, make sure that it
works with a PITR restore (or directory tree copy while the database is
stopped) of one of the other 9.1 clusters, and make sure you can CREATE
EXTENSION plperl before trying to convert this 7.3 database.  Then you can
move all the old clusters over to the new executable by updating your
service script to point to the new executable running stop and then running
start.  (I have found that restart does not work for a minor upgrade -- a
separate stop -w and start -w is needed.)

Thanks Kevin,

From the /home/ellerines/pgsql9_upgrade/postgresql-9.1.9/config.log  file it
shows that when it was configured , only the prefix was specified in the
configure command.

/home/ellerines/pgsql9_upgrade/postgresql-9.1.9/config.log   shows the
following in the beginning:

It was created by PostgreSQL configure 9.1.9, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.63.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql9

with_perl='no'
perl_archlibexp=''
perl_embed_ldflags=''
perl_privlibexp=''
perl_useshrplib=''

I think it's safe to re-build it by including --with_perl and the same
prefix option  which was specified.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no
liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.