Re: Replication mode

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Replication mode
Дата
Re: Replication mode  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/01/18 11:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 1/10/18 15:24, Azimuddin Mohammed wrote:
>> May I know what is the core difference between HOT standby. Warm Stand by ?
> In PostgreSQL, "hot standby" is a mode for an instance in recovery that
> allows read-only commands to be executed on it.  The term "warm standby"
> is not used by PostgreSQL, but you could think of a server in recovery
> that does not allow queries to be a warm standby, if you wish.

We do talk about 'warm standby' in the docs:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/warm-standby.html

...altho we do not precisely say how to setup this up as opposed to the
'hot' variant. In fact it is pretty easy to (accidentally) get a warm
standby by forgetting to set :

standby_mode = 'on'

in recovery.conf

Cheers