Re: Windows: Wrong error message at connection termination

От Sergey Shinderuk
Тема Re: Windows: Wrong error message at connection termination
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14.01.2022 13:01, Sergey Shinderuk wrote:
> Unexpectedly, this changes the error message:
>
>      postgres=# set idle_session_timeout = '1s';
>      SET
>      postgres=# select 1;
>      could not receive data from server: Software caused connection
> abort (0x00002745/10053)

For the record, after more poking I realized that it depends on timing.
  By injecting delays I can get any of the following from libpq:

* could not receive data from server: Software caused connection abort
* server closed the connection unexpectedly
* no connection to the server

> Should we handle ECONNABORTED similarly to ECONNRESET in pqsecure_raw_read?

So this doesn't make sense anymore.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Sergey Shinderuk        https://postgrespro.com/