Re: Windows: Wrong error message at connection termination

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Windows: Wrong error message at connection termination
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sergey Shinderuk <s.shinderuk@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> On 14.01.2022 13:01, Sergey Shinderuk wrote:
>> Unexpectedly, this changes the error message:
> For the record, after more poking I realized that it depends on timing.
>   By injecting delays I can get any of the following from libpq:
> * could not receive data from server: Software caused connection abort
> * server closed the connection unexpectedly
> * no connection to the server

Thanks for the follow-up.  At the moment I'm not planning to do anything
pending the results of the other thread [1].  It seems likely though that
we'll end up reverting this explicit-close behavior in the back branches,
as the other changes involved look too invasive for back-patching.

            regards, tom lane

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKG%2BOeoETZQ%3DQw5Ub5h3tmwQhBmDA%3DnuNO3KG%3DzWfUypFAw%40mail.gmail.com