Re: Errors Installing PostgresSQL

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Errors Installing PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 8/26/2016 7:32 AM, Joe Gitter wrote:

> I attempted to install PostgresSQL 9.5.4 on an Intel Xeon CPU E5-2640
> v2 2.00GHz. Server is running Windows Server 2012 R2. I attempted to
> install _PostgreSQL-9.5.4-1-win64-bigsql.exe_. I attempted to install
> the database on a hard drive D: partition in a dedicated folder called
> “PostgresSQL Database”. Shortly after the setup started I got a series
> of error messages. The installation eventually completed, but
> PostgresSQL will not open. I get a “missing shortcut” error. The error
> messages are attached. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

This is the first I've (personally) seen that bigsql version....    I
suspect you'll need to take this up with the packager as this bug
reporting list is for the core community postgres server itself, and
doesn't really  address 3rd party installers.

A wild guess however... looking at your error messages, it appears to
not be real happy about paths with spaces in them, as I see inconsistent
use of quoting.   You just might try installing to D:\PostgreSQL\   or
something, without any spaces.    That first error is particularlly odd,
as it looks like the path has an Amazon AWS URL embedded in it, whack.