Re: Broken after upgrade

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Broken after upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/09/2016 12:09 PM, arnaud gaboury wrote:

>>> NO

>>> postgresql-update Fedora package

>>> I changed the name to 9-4 et 9-5 for convenience
>>

>> Please don't do that, it just adds to the confusion. For instance I still do
>> not know what data-* maps to /db/pgsql/data*.
>>
>> So please run the cat on the actual directories.
>
> Here is my /db/pgsql :
>
> data-9.4 (formerly data)
> data-9.5 (formerly data.old)

So back to one of your questions from upstream:

"So aside this socket issue, it seems I am back again to the
initialization issue. Is there something wrong in the command I use ?

$ pg_upgrade -b /usr/lib64/pgsql/postgresql-9.4/bin/ -B /usr/bin -d
/db/pgsql/data.old -D /db/pgsql/data

"

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/pgupgrade.html

-d datadir
--old-datadir=datadir

     the old cluster data directory; environment variable PGDATAOLD

-D datadir
--new-datadir=datadir

     the new cluster data directory; environment variable PGDATANEW

You have the directories swapped.

There is still the issue of the 9.4 binaries and which version of
Postgres you are running commands from at any given time. I would
suggest using full paths to the commands until this is resolved.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com