Re: Broken after upgrade

От Kris Deugau
Тема Re: Broken after upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver wrote:
> There is still the issue of the 9.4 binaries and which version of
> Postgres you are running commands from at any given time. I would
> suggest using full paths to the commands until this is resolved.

It reads to me as if the OP's Fedora 23 -> Fedora 24 upgrade didn't
install the new Postgres package(s) side-by-side with the old ones, it
"upgraded" them, so the old Postgres binaries are no longer present.

Rummaging in the Fedora package repository:

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/23/Server/x86_64/os/Packages/p/

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/24/Server/x86_64/os/Packages/p/

would seem to agree;  the postgresql-<version> packages list the exact
same program binaries in the 9.4 (Fedora 23) and 9.5 (Fedora 24)
packages.  (Modulo one dropped binary and one new one.)  The pathnames
do not refer to the Postgres version, so you can't have both installed
at the same time.

I suspect the solution is going to be to revert Postgres and its
dependencies to the packages from Fedora 23, pg_dump, reinstall the
updated versions from Fedora 24, then restore the dump into the empty
9.5 install.

Or, revert Postgres and its dependencies, and install 9.5 from the PGDG
repo (which won't stomp on Fedora's 9.4 package), and use pg_upgrade.

-kgd