Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Список pgsql-admin
On 01/03/18 17:57, Rui DeSousa wrote:

> It looks like rsync is not handling the disk quota when actually syncing the file —  Disc quota exceeded (69) vs no
spaceleft (28).  It only fails if it can’t rename the truncated temp file — and in some cases there is just enough
spaceleft to allow the rename to succeed thus leaving a truncated WAL file.

> I’m using ZFS; and have 1GB quota on the given filesystem.
>
> [postgres@hades ~/dbc1/pg_wal]$ rsync -a 000000010000005B00000035 ~/arch/dbc1/wal/000000010000005B00000035
> rsync: rename "/usr/home/postgres/arch/dbc1/wal/.000000010000005B00000035.6bjO94" -> "000000010000005B00000035": Disc
quotaexceeded (69)

> rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1200) [sender=3.1.2]

Interesting - so could be rsync not handling the quota error sensibly -
or perhaps more likely ZFS and/or quota bugs. If the latter the solution
would be not to use these until the devs have fixed them... :-)

regards
Mark

От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network