Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Дата
Ответ на Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Jeremy Wilson <jwilson@clover.co>)
Ответы Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Jeremy Wilson <jwilson@clover.co>)
Список pgsql-general
On 11/13/20 7:28 AM, Jeremy Wilson wrote:

>> On Nov 13, 2020, at 10:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>> Unless ... could it be that there is another PG server active on the
>> machine, whose cluster lacks a "template1" database?  Seems unlikely,
>> but you might try confirming with "ps auxww | grep post" or the like.
>
> This is a test environment so only the two databases are on it and neither is running.  pg_upgrade checks if either
isrunning.

When you manually run the pg_upgrade pg_ctl script the server starts but
you cannot connect to any database in it correct?

What does pg_upgrade_server.log show when you do above?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"