Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"

От Jeremy Wilson
Тема Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Дата
Ответ на Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

> On Nov 13, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Hmph.  We know that 9.5 -> 13 pg_upgrade works in simple scenarios,
> because the buildfarm tests that every day.  So there has to be
> something out of the ordinary about your setup.  Any unusual
> extensions, pg_hba.conf configuration, etc?

We have postgis installed, here’s a list of most of the extensions:

master=# \dx
                                          List of installed extensions
        Name        | Version |   Schema   |                             Description
--------------------+---------+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
 btree_gin          | 1.0     | public     | support for indexing common datatypes in GIN
 cube               | 1.0     | public     | data type for multidimensional cubes
 dblink             | 1.1     | public     | connect to other PostgreSQL databases from within a database
 earthdistance      | 1.0     | public     | calculate great-circle distances on the surface of the Earth
 pageinspect        | 1.3     | public     | inspect the contents of database pages at a low level
 pg_buffercache     | 1.1     | public     | examine the shared buffer cache
 pg_stat_statements | 1.3     | public     | track execution statistics of all SQL statements executed
 pg_trgm            | 1.1     | public     | text similarity measurement and index searching based on trigrams
 plpgsql            | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
 postgis            | 3.0.2   | public     | PostGIS geometry, geography, and raster spatial types and functions
 postgis_raster     | 3.0.2   | public     | PostGIS raster types and functions
 postgres_fdw       | 1.0     | public     | foreign-data wrapper for remote PostgreSQL servers
 unaccent           | 1.0     | public     | text search dictionary that removes accents
(13 rows)

I did have to upgrade all the postgis from 2.2 to 3.0 which went smoothly.

Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"