Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

От Erick Papadakis
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Дата
Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel  ("Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa@gmail.com>)
Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Doesn't work:

- psql -U postgres
  > psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

- psql -U postgres -W
  > psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

Would appreciate some insights. Where's the step by step guide to make
this work? Cpanel/WHM and Plesk are THE most widespread control
panels, and I see zilch on postgresql.org that addresses them.

Maybe this is why MySQL is popular. The thing just works! (Which is
all one needs in 99% of simple webbie cases).

Thanks in advance!

On 1/23/07, Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Erick,
>
> psql -U postgres
>
> should help.
>
> I hope you remembered the password you gave to the database superuser while
> installing...

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel