Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/04/2016 09:01 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Actually there is an important difference. In your 9.3 file you have set
>> METHOD set to trust and in the 9.5 file it is set to md5, which is
>> password. Set the METHOD to trust in your 9.5 file and restart the
>> database. Now for the non-socket access methods this is a security risk,
>> so you will want to change it back at some point once you get the
>> users/passwords figured out
>
> Adrian,
>
>   I saw that but missed the meaning. I'm the only user on this system so
> there is no internal security risk.

Forgot an option in my previous reply, removing the password:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-alterrole.html

ALTER ROLE postgres WITH PASSWORD NULL;

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]
От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]