Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]
Дата
Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall [FIXED]  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Actually there is an important difference. In your 9.3 file you have set
> METHOD set to trust and in the 9.5 file it is set to md5, which is
> password. Set the METHOD to trust in your 9.5 file and restart the
> database. Now for the non-socket access methods this is a security risk,
> so you will want to change it back at some point once you get the
> users/passwords figured out

Adrian,

   I saw that but missed the meaning. I'm the only user on this system so
there is no internal security risk.

   After learning that the Slackware script's restart does not work[1] I
stopped the process then restarted it. I can now access my databases and the
financial software via the browser UI.

   Now I can remove the 9.3.4 directory and be comfortable that the next
upgrade will be smooth.

   Thanks very much for your patient help!

Much appreciated,

Rich

[1] I've seen this same behavior in other rc.<program> scripts. Stopping
and starting works in all cases.

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall