Re: Could not load server certificate file "server.crt": No such file or directory.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Could not load server certificate file "server.crt": No such file or directory.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/12/22 10:02 AM, howardnews@selestial.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Running 14.4.1 on Mac OSX on M1 and found that the postgres daemon had
> not started. It was running fine previously.
>
> When I ran the following command line:
>
> sudo -u postgres /Library/Postgresql/14/bin/postmaster -D
> /Library/Postgresql/14/data
>
> I get the following error:
>
> 2022-08-12 17:47:33.239 BST [896] FATAL:  could not load server
> certificate file "server.crt": No such file or directory
>
> Not sure what I have done - but where do I find this file - and can I
> regenerate it easily?

I am guessing you did from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SSL

"ssl (boolean)

     Enables SSL connections. This parameter can only be set in the
postgresql.conf file or on the server command line. The default is off.
"

set ssl on.

Check postgresql.conf to verify. If you don't want SSL on then set to off.

If you want it on and need a certificate see:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/ssl-tcp.html#SSL-CERTIFICATE-CREATION

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com