\d omits schema on inherited tables (Was: EXPLAIN omits schema?)

От Josh Tolley
Тема \d omits schema on inherited tables (Was: EXPLAIN omits schema?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Josh Tolley" <eggyknap@gmail.com> writes:
> > On a different sideline based on the original note of this thread,
> > much as EXPLAIN doesn't include the schema,  \d doesn't include the
> > schema to describe INHERIT relationships in 8.2.4. If you have two
> > tables called PARENT, in two different schemas, and a child that
> > inherits from one of them, \d won't tell you which of the two it
> > inherits from.
>
> Yes it does, because that's actually regclass output.  It'll be
> schema-qualified if the table is not visible in your search path.

I figured it was better to start a new thread, since this changes from
the original topic. My test didn't display the schema despite the
parent not being in my search path, as shown below:

[jtolley@polonium ~]$ psql

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

jtolley=# create schema a;
CREATE SCHEMA
jtolley=# create schema b;
CREATE SCHEMA
jtolley=# set search_path to a, public;
SET
jtolley=# create table parent (f int);
CREATE TABLE
jtolley=# set search_path to b, public;
SET
jtolley=# create table parent (g text);
CREATE TABLE
jtolley=# create table child () inherits (a.parent);
CREATE TABLE
jtolley=# \d child      Table "b.child"Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------f      | integer |
Inherits: parent

jtolley=# \d parent    Table "b.parent"Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+------+-----------g      | text |

jtolley=# \d a.parent      Table "a.parent"Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------f      | integer |

jtolley=# set search_path to b;
SET
jtolley=# \d child      Table "b.child"Column |  Type   | Modifiers
Inherits: parent

jtolley=# set search_path to a;
SET
jtolley=# \d b.child      Table "b.child"Column |  Type   | Modifiers
Inherits: parent